3.2 - Text - MText
In AutoCAD you can apply notes to your drawing in various ways.You can type your notes, insert text from other sources, and copy notes that repeat through a drawing.
You can create single line text - TEXT, and multiline text, - MTEXT. You can also edit and style text.
In this chapter you will learn how to create single-line text and multi-line text , to control the size, type style, font style and orientation of text.
- Create single-line text (TEXT)
- Create multiline-text (MTEXT)
- Editing text
- Text styles
- Category: 3.2 - Text - MText
3.2.1 - Create Single line TEXT
Text is the basic command to create text, it creates a field any where you click on the screen, into which you can type any text you need.
Notice that in single-line text, each line is an independent object that you can edit, move, copy, or erase any of the lines without affecting the other lines.
To create single-line text:
- Click Home tab ► Annotation panel ► Single Line Text
- Command prompt says: TEXT Specify start point of text or[Justify Style]: Left-click anywhere on your screen to define the start point of text.
- Command prompt says: TEXT Specify height[0.20 ]: Enter a new height if desired, say 0.25, and press Enter. (This prompt is displayed only if text height is set to 0 in the current text style).
- Command prompt says: TEXT Specify rotation angle of text: You can rotate the text, but for now just type 0 and press Enter.
- A text field opens up with blinking cursor, go ahead and type the first line First floor - Bedroom, press Enter once to go to the next line, and type Wall material: Brick , press Enter once to go to the next line, and type Total room area = 15 m2 and then press Enter twice to finish (Fig.184.108.40.206).
Notice that in single-line text, each line is an independent object that you can relocate, reformat or otherwise modify.
Notice that the text is on three separate lines, each line is an independent object that you can edit, move, copy, or erase any of the lines without affecting the other lines.
Edit single-line text
To edit a single-line text, e.g. change the properties of the second line as : content = Wall material: Red Brick, color = red, height = 0.15, to do this:
- On the Drawing Status bar (at the bottom-right of AutoCAD drawing area), turn ON the Quick Properties icon (it's color turns to cyan).
- Select the line of text you want to change, the
box will open besides the text, where you can make the changes you want.
- Select the line of text you want to change, right-click any where and select 'Properties'.
- The Properties palette will open, where you can make the changes you want. You can change color, height, content, layer etc, and to the end press Esc
The result is as shown in Fig.220.127.116.11